After having viewed some beautiful beaches in South Goa and before we move to other beaches we will now tell you how you can come to Goa from Mumbai formerly Bombay by train.
Konkan Railway is in service for the last 10 years. The Konkan Railway project is a masterpiece. It has reduced train journey travel duration by over 50%.
The Konkan Railway journey from Mumbai to Goa is very exciting and comfortable. As the name suggests the train travels through the lush green Konkan region. This region is famous for its delicious Ratnagiri Alfonso Mangoes.
The Konkan Railway website Konkanrailway.com provides a lot of information which includes the train timetable, fares, online booking, seat availability. Besides this passenger information, the Konkan Raiway website provides other information such as the total number of stations, the station names, the current position of the train, the number of tunnels, the tunnel lengths, the number of bridges, the longest bridge, the number of viaducts, the tallest viaduct and more.
The journey from Mumbai to Goa is around 11 hours and there is a pantry in the train, lunch and dinner is not a problem.We are providing below for ready reference the train names, departure and arrival times;
All times are in IST.
1) Train Number 0103 Mandovi Express departsfrom Mumabi CST (Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus) at 6.55 am and arrives Goa Margao station at 6.45 pm.
2) Train Number 0104 Mandovi Express departs from Goa Margao station at 9.40 am and arrives Mumbai CST at 11.45 pm
3) Train Number 0111 Konkan Kanya departs from Mumbai CST at 11.05 pm and arrives Goa Margao station at 10.45 am.
4) Train Number 011 Konkan Kanya departs from Goa Margao station at 6.00 pm and arrives Mumbai CST at 5.50 am.
5) Train Number 6345 Netravati Express departs from Mumbai LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) at 11.40 am and arrives Goa Margao station at 12.40 pm
6) Train Number 6346 Netravati Express departs from Goa Margao station at 5.45 am and arrives Mumbai LTT at 4.40 pm.
7) Train Number 2051 Jan Shatabdi departs from Mumbai CST at 5.10 am and arrives Goa Margao station at 2.10 pm.
8) Train Number 2052 Jan Shatabdi departs from Goa Margao station at 2.30 pm and arrives Mumbai CST at 11.20 pm
9) Train Number 2619 Matsyagandha departs from Mumbai LTT at 2.05 pm and arrives Goa Margao station at 12.10 am.
10) Train Number 2620 Matsyagandha departs from Goa Margao station at 8.45 pm and arrives Mumbai LTT at 6.35 am.
We have provided details of all the trains available from Mumbai to Goa and Goa to Mumbai. Depending on your travel plans you can make the required bookings. So go ahead and have a safe and pleasant journey.
We will provide a separate post on some travel tips regarding ticket bookings and other tips.